Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thoughts

I have been struggling to handled my anxiety during this job search the only thing I have found that works is reading the bible. I am in a three week bible study focusing on God's will. The bible study has allowed God to bring several things to mind this week. A preacher back home once said anytime a scripture comes to mind or God sends someone or something in your life such as a song or discipleship he is speaking directly to you at thay very moment. He also said when God brings someone or something in your mind to prayer for he is speaking directly to you at that moment. I have seen this truly at work in the past few days and weeks. Yesterday I decided to start reading the gospel of John because it is completely centered around Jesus as the Son of God. I continue to pray that iwill hear something about the job this week, but I also pray for stamina as a expectantly wait.

The insight that was given me a few nights ago was:

While Iwas reading scriptures about waiting. I found it interesting what God says about it, and it is very different when you wait expectantly and more nerve racking. It is also interesting al the different situations in which God talks about waiting. It is much more than having patience.

Not all of my post will be about how God is speaking to me at the moment, because there are times when I feel that the daily details of life are important, but here it is for today. I am not sure if anyone iis interested in my life however if you are will keep posting for you to read and if not this is just a place to get my thoughts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment